Friday, November 29, 2013

Quinoa Challenge

So my first cookbook is Quinoa 365, promising over 170 delicious recipes using this "everyday superfood." I'd love to say that I selected this for the challenge of trying quinoa, but honestly I eat quinoa all the time. I selected this one because it looked like less of a challenge! I'm not sure I'm sold on "superfoods," but I do like the flavor/texture of quinoa over rice.
The cover on my copy is falling off, but all the recipes are inside!
So I've highlighted a few recipes I want to try--using things I have on hand, and I'm already very tempted to experiment. There is a recipe for a broccoli, chicken, quinoa casserole--that I know would be better with mushrooms, and I don't have any sour cream, so I could just use...! See, I am bad at following directions. I think this means I need to try something more different from what I've made before, so I have to rely on the recipe!

So tomorrow I'm going to try Thai Cashew Chicken and Broccoli on Quinoa, from page 88.There are at least 6 ingredients I don't have, though I may be able to borrow some so I don't have to buy a whole bottle of oyster sauce.

I also might try sprouting some quinoa--the book has directions--it could be good in a salad, or I could find a recipe to use them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment