Friday, December 6, 2013

My Glorious Pot!

The next cookbook from my shelf is Elizabeth Yarnell's Glorious One-Pot Meals.  I am so excited about this cookbook, that I went out and bought a special pot to make the recipes in. Yay! I now am the proud owner of a bright shiny blue cast iron pot. The recipes in the book are for a 2 qt pot, to serve 2, but I bought the more standard 5 qt size. I'll just double the recipes and have left overs--I do like to cook meals to last for lunches all week!

This is what my shiny pot looks like--so pretty, and will make yummy meals! I want to make almost all of the recipes in this book--the fish dishes look amazing, as do the chicken ones, I even want to try lamb! Stay tuned for some experimentation with new recipes and my new toy!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful new Dutch Oven! Fun Fun! I say start with Hunger Games Lamb Stew:
    http://www.ziplist.com/recipes/627837-Hunger_Games_Lamb_Stew_with_Dried_Plums

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good--I've never had dried plums, but I'm feeling adventurous!

    ReplyDelete